Emergency dentistry refers to the provision of urgent dental care to patients who are experiencing severe dental pain or other dental problems that require immediate attention.
- Common emergencies: Some common dental emergencies include severe tooth pain, knocked-out or fractured teeth, abscesses, bleeding or swollen gums, and broken dental restorations such as fillings or crowns.
- Urgent care: When a dental emergency occurs, it is important to seek urgent care as soon as possible. In some cases, delaying treatment can lead to more serious dental problems and potentially even life-threatening infections.
- Emergency treatments: Emergency dental treatments may include pain management, antibiotics to treat infections, restorative procedures to repair damaged teeth or restorations, and in some cases, emergency tooth extractions.
- Finding emergency care: Patients can typically find emergency dental care by contacting their regular dentist or a local emergency dental clinic. In some cases, urgent care may also be available at hospital emergency rooms.
- Prevention: While dental emergencies can happen at any time, many dental problems can be prevented by maintaining good oral hygiene, attending regular dental check-ups, and avoiding behaviors such as using teeth as tools or chewing on hard objects.
Dental emergencies can be serious and require urgent care to prevent further dental problems and infections. Patients can find emergency care by contacting their regular dentist, an emergency dental clinic, or a hospital emergency room. Good oral hygiene and regular dental check-ups can help prevent dental emergencies.
Make An Appointment
At Keene Dentistry and Implants, we are dedicated to helping you achieve healthy teeth that you can be proud of. If you’re looking for a dentist in Keene, NH, call us today for personalized and high-quality dental care that you can trust.
Monday – Thursday
8:00 — 5:00
Friday – Saturday
Call to ask any question